How fit do I need to be?
This depends on the walk that you would like to do and I am happy to discuss this and your previous experience with you when you book. If it is a private day then we can go as steadily as required as the day is all about you and I will assess how fit you are while we are walking. And if you’re really unsure then we can plan a really flexible mountain day where we can extend or shorten our route to suit you.
What to bring with you?
- Food: A good packed lunch with plenty of sandwiches; chewy bars; chocolate and fruit; emergency rations
- Drink: a bottle of water or juice and a hot flask or tea or soup (especially in winter)
- Clothing: wicking base layer not cotton; walking trousers or track suit not jeans; fleece or warm jumper; water proof jacket and trousers; hat and gloves; spare fleece or jumper
- Equipment: rucksack to put everything in at least 25 litres; rucksack liner to keep everything dry; survival bag or blanket; personal first aid kit; emergency whistle and head torch; sunglasses and sun hat
- Footwear: sturdy boots or shoes preferably 3 or 4 season
- Winter: must be 4 season boots; warmer clothing recommended; bigger rucksack needed for extra kit 35 litres minimum; extra hat and gloves; ski goggles, ice axe and crampons
- Backpacking: lightweight tent; sleeping bag; sleeping mat; camping stove; mug and spoon; travel towel; change of base layers; food and drinks for duration of trip; large rucksack 50 litres minimum
Cancellations & Refunds
In the event that we cannot go ahead with your booked walk due to weather conditions and it is my decision then I will offer you an alternative walk if suitable, other dates or a full refund. If you cancel the booking and it is less than 48 hours before we are due to set off then there will be no refunds. However if it is a week before then you will be refunded in full except if it is a multi-day activity over three days where the deposits are not refundable.
Due to the nature of mountaineering and hill walking I would recommend that you take out suitable personal travel insurance that covers adventurous activities. I am fully insured for all the activities that I provide as a small business including public liability.
If there are any questions you still have or you would like to discuss equipment or clothing needs before a trip then please just email or phone me and I will be happy to help!